Cupcakery: Party-perfect Cupcakes in a Flash by Toni Miller
239 pages, Published June 9th 2015 by Cedar Fort, Inc.
My Rating: 4.5 Stars
Source: I received a copy in exchange for an honest review
About the Book:
There is nothing quite like a row of pretty little cupcakes lined up in a bakery display case. Who can resist so many fun flavors and adorable sprinkles?
Now you can skip the trip and the cost of bakery-style cupcakes and learn how to make them right in your own home, starting from a cake mix! Anybody can follow these easy recipes and create these adorable designs. And with so many unique flavors, you’ll want to try them all.
Blueberry-Stuffed French Toast
Monster Cookie Dough
Root Beer Float
Chocolate Caramel Irish Cream
Blue Velvet Coconut
Mocha Peppermint Crunch
Popular blogger Toni Miller’s baking has been featured online by Better Homes & Gardens, The Cooking Channel, Yahoo!, Mashable, and Good Housekeeping. And she’s won four national contests with her adorable cupcakes.
Tasty and tempting, these treats are simply irresistible. Perfect for all of life’s celebrations!
Cupcakes. Who can resist cupcakes? I sure can't! I really enjoyed the way this book broke it down. I'm not a creative person and I once tried to do pretty frosting and it ended up a disaster! This book starts out with explaining different methods of baking, frosting, and decorating. Even I could do this! Then came the good stuff--recipes. Lots and lots of different recipes. Each section is separated into similar types of cupcakes. Such as, kiddie flavors, traditional flavors, seasonal flavors, breakfast flavors. I never would have thought to make a Cotton Candy Cupcake. And Neapolitan? Yum! There were so many different kinds--I'm going to be baking for awhile yet to come.
The instructions are easy to follow and the explanations of technique were very helpful. Using a cake mix is so very simple, but I would have love to see a basic batter recipe. I'm trying to eat healthier and although cupcakes are nowhere near healthy, at least a mix from scratch doesn't have the preservatives and added things in it. I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to bake a better, more professional looking, and delicious tasting cupcake.
Country SweetArt Kitchen
2. 4 Piece Wilton Tip Set – Provided By Make Bake Celebrate
3. Mama & Madison Custom Apron – Provided By Make Bake Celebrate
4. Paper Straw Party Combo – Provided By Sweets & Treats
5. Sprinkle Prize Pack (assortment picked by sponso r) – Provided By Country SweetArt Kitchen
6. $50.00 Credit to Sweets & Treats – Provided By Sweets & Treats
7. AmeriColor Gel Color 12 Pack – Provided By Country SweetArt Kitchen
8. 12 Ct. 12in Disposable Decorating Bags – Provided By Make Bake Celebrate
9. KitchenAid Measuring Cups – Provided By Make Bake Celebrate
10. Kitchen Aid 4.5 Qt Stand Mixer Winners Choice o f Color – Provided by Make Bake Celebrate 11. 2 Pk. Pink Mini Spatulas – Provided By Make Bake Celebrate
12. Wilton 24 Cavity Cupcake Pan – Provided By Make Bake Celebrate
13. Wilton Filling Tip & Cupcake Corer – Provided By Make Bake Celebrate
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Giveaway is open to US entries only. Proof of purc hased or entry validation may need to be provided by winner upon winning. Winner will be chosen at random on J uly 08, 2015. Make Bake Celebrate, and all particip ating bloggers have the right to display winner name(s) on all electronic publicatio ns including but not limited to; blog posts, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinte rest. If for any reason a prize is unavailable Make Bake Celebrate has the right to re place said prize for another similar item of equal value.
About the Author:
Toni’s sweet adventure began with her love for parties and creative knack. What started as a hobby of self-taught home cake baking and decorating quickly grew into a successful baking blog and a love for all things adorable sweet. Her work can be found on many websites and publications around the world, including Better Homes and Gardens, Good Housekeeping, Today, Yahoo!, and more.
*Images are provided by the author*